In February 1999, CBYON Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California boasting a novel 3D image-guided system. The product—the brainchild of bioengineers at Stanford University’s IGSL (Image-Guided Surgery Laboratory)—was known as the CBYON Savant.
The system received FDA approval in March of 2000 for use in cranial, spine, and sinus procedures and after being used in numerous hospitals for the next 4 years, GE Healthcare purchased the related intellectual property.
In 2017, GE licensed the technology to CBYON’s successor, Med-Surgical Services Inc. (MSSI) who
spent the next 5 years enhancing the technology and it’s unique features. In June 2022, MSSI relaunched the CBYON product branded as CBYON System with CBYON Suite. The CBYON system has successfully performed over 250 navigated procedures within the first 90-days of relaunch.
These surgeries were supported by META Dynamic, Inc. in our innovative and tremendously successful fee-per-use model. META also provides Clinical Support for the most widely used navigation systems and is active in several metropolitan areas.
Immediate ACCESS to Image Guided Surgery
Simple & Proven Models for Pricing, Contracting & Professional Clinical Support
Bringing back the golden-era of CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT. CBYON is committed to supporting every Patient, Surgeon, and Hospital 24/7/365
- Small footprint- Requires minimal space in operating room.
- Cross-Specialty- ENT Navigation, Cranial Navigation, Spine Navigation. Maximize your navigation investment and utilization by having an all-encompassing navigation suite.
- Super-Fast Registration- reduce operative times and increase efficiencies.
- Simplified, economical and timely implementation.
- No intraoperative radiation needed for registration.
- Reduced operative time- Cut down on registration time from upwards of 30 minutes to as little as 30 seconds. By not requiring intraoperative radiation during the procedure, CBYON improves safety by reducing harmful side effects of radiation exposure.
- Through META Dynamic, all cases are supported 24/7/365 no matter when the case was added. We strongly believe that quality and reliable case support is the most overlooked and undervalued component to any successful navigated surgery.
- CBYON aims to change that by ensuring all hospitals, surgeons and patients are always supported with the highest level of customer service and knowledge in the industry. See the META Dynamic difference for yourself!
Radiation Free Registration in Under a Minute!
3D Volumetric Rendering
I’m very impressed with the CBYON team and platform, I love where they’re headed.
Dr. Adi Iyer
Pacific Neuroscience Institute
CBYON offers what other manufacturers fail to deliver, service and support you can count on.
Dr. Gary Rosenberg
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
I think CBYON has the potential to be a truly disruptive player in the Surgical Navigation space.
Dr. Amandeep Bhalla
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon/Spine Director
Long Beach Memorial Care
I routinely have incredibly accurate, fast, and simple registrations using the CBYON platform.
Dr. Yaser Badr